Saturday, March 23, 2013

PARADESI

Saw the film in Manchester, an amazing film. Kallu you must see it, it tells the story of bonded labour involved in creating the tea estates the world over. I can't not think of the plight of those poor people everytime I have my cup of tea. Director Bala is back to his best. I urge you all to see this film as it is very much part of Tamil history and the forced migration of our people under the British Rule. It does make it very strange that I am writing this from Britain.

3 comments:

kalyani said...

Passed up Paradesi to see 'The great Oz' recently thinking it would be too sad and depressing.
But now that I know its so close to home, must see it. Thanks Babu.
Strange thought - all our NRIs are immigrants too . And have left home because they think they will have a better life in foreign lands.
While we here staunchly believe we are better off here.

Prashanth said...

Eagerly waiting to see it this Easter holidays

kalpana said...

yes iton the list of to be seen in the near future.

did u catch vishwaroopsm.