Monday, April 19, 2010

meeting unexpected people and not meeting those you had expected to meet

Am on leave as I am looking after Shobha, Valli - Shobha's carer is in Chennai to spend some time with her kids. Was expecting my mum (Charu chitti to you ) to travel tomorrow to Manchester to give me support. With the Icelandic Volcano her travel dates has been postponed by a fortnight. (I personally think the Icelandic people have started this on purpose as the rest of the world did not give a damn when they suffering very badly with the credit crunch).

I was at a meeting yesterday in Manchester to celebrate Tamil New Year's day. Met GG's sister-in-law there. Met a few other people from my medical school who I had not seen in twenty five years.

It's Anya's birthday tomorrow, she is 15 tomorrow. She is having a party this Sunday at a restaurant called HELLFIRE ... look up the web site it will give you an idea. Apparently you get dressed up as Zombie's and witches etc. I wanted to be there as a Ghost figure, but she does not want me there, she only wants me to pay the bill.

And there is one other thing, I am jumping off a plane on 9th May. Raising money for MS Society.

4 comments:

kalyani said...

A wonderfully active life, Babu and a wonderfully serene temperament that allows you to take life as it comes with a smile.
Land safely.

kalpana said...

what a life. good going.
kapu

kalyani said...

Happy birthday to Anya. Hope she had a great time and left you properly wondering what was going on

chendhi said...

Dear Babu,
Tried contacting you on Anya's
birthday. I could only get to your
voice mail. One of the things that
I should learn is to leave a voice
mail. Belated birthday wishes for
Anya. Just glad to know that you
are going to jump of a plane. As
you are pulled by the earth think of
the next crazy thing to do.
Sendhil