Friday, February 1, 2013

Some reading material :))

Hi guys
Just read a very nostalgic blog, which I am sure all of you can relate to. Check it out
http://thepoetryof.wordpress.com/2012/11/29/a-certain-south-indian-childhood/

Also, I have been writing for a local magazine here for some time and recently got my very first cover story.
http://www.indianlink.com.au/headline/one-thousand-images-2/

And I am reading a fantastic history of Delhi, "City of Djinns", by William Dalyrymple. Have any of you read it?


4 comments:

kalpana said...

dear darsh,
the nostaalgia was really true and touching.
about your piece the language excellent but beyond my capacity to understand his art.

Priyadarshini said...

Thanks Kapu chitti. It was not so difficult to understand, I guess the writing makes it look difficult :DDD
dont knwo if oyu got my mail, but thanks for the Panchatantra, Advaith loves it so much, i am already starting to hate it :

Ravi said...

Dachu
Wow , the article was class, i have seen some of his work here and generally not too bad and as obscure as some can be.
I am must say the article was full of flowing language that would be beyond me even if sat and thought about it for days.
Good command of English , I am glad all those days I spent teaching you english as a thumb sucking toddler didnt go to waste,,,
Truly a case of the disciple overtaking the teacher, very pleased,,,
Ravi

Priyadarshini said...

Thanks Ravi Chitappa
Of course it was all your training. I still remember a game you bought for us called Boggle. We spent soo many hours playing that. And thats where my vocabulary comes from :DDD