Monday, September 1, 2008

birthdays by babu

Having just had my 50th birthday, wonder why some of you are feeling so old in your forties.

I have patients of mine who are well into their nineties . One lady in particular books the next holiday as she is finishing her holiday. She always asks me 'Will it be ok Dr Raj?' and I always reply that it should be fine. She is 98 now, at 100 in the UK you get a telegram from the queen. That is something she is looking forward to. All the elderly people I meet feel that age is how old you feel you are rather than what number your age is. Scientifically speaking it is your biological age ie (what your body lets you feel you are) than the chronological age.



I had a terrific 50th birthday, I stretched it out to three parties over a period of three weeks. One very private at home with a few friends, next was at a nearby tennis club attended by about thirty of my friends. The third was one thrown by my staff at a turkish restaurant in town, well with a very attractive turkish belly dancer which was the cherry on the cake.

1 comment:

Priyadarshini said...

Happy belated Birthday!!
But that seems to have been a really great way to spend the day.. three parties!! and a belly dancer thrown in!!
Im sure everyone is jealous :D